Thursday, April 10, 2008

Panting dogs and whipping winds.

Well of course something always happens at the Hueston household.

Last night the storms were T.E.R.R.I.B.L.E. I woke up, sat straight up, and thought I was surely bound for the promised land--the land flowing with milk and honey. But no it wasn't the trumpet of the Lord sounding, but 90 mph hour winds---and yes it does sound like a freight train. Anyway--I grabbed my furry friends and headed for the bathroom---just the room I want to hunker down in, right? As a mater of fact it closely resembles a gas station bathroom.

Anyway--Stewart being the brave man that he is, stayed sitting up in bed.
When the storm passed by (30 long minutes later), we (meaning Stewart) went out side to survey the damage. Did I mention is was 4:00 a.m. and we had no electricity? Anyway--part of our fence was blown down and we had a huge limb that was knocked from our tree and landing in the driveway in front of the garage. I realized then I couldn't get out for work (darn) and went back to bed until the light came streaming in our windows.

At 7:30 we got up and I went down our street in search of a chain saw to saw our way out of the house so we could both get to work ( because you KNOW that is where I wanted to be). Do people own chain saws in the city? I guess not because (now get this picture) when I got back Stewart was sawing the heck out of that tree with a handsaw. We were making head way now folks. I felt like running down to the creek and bringing back those beavers to help poor Stewart out--except that city folks don't keep traps laying around for just that purpose.

Well, Stewart got enough of the tree out of the way so that we could get out of the garage and off to work. I am certain that my make up was perfectly applied since it was down by candlelight. Come to think of it, I may do this by candlelight everyday since my skin seemed to have that oh so beautiful glow that has long since gone with my youth.

Here's the funny part.

Tuesday I came home from work-- got sick--I wore black pants that day---only half a day--they weren't that dirty.

Wednesday--I put back on my black pants and headed off to work--still very hung over from my previous day's drugs.

Thursday---yes folks the same black pants---That is all I had IRONED.
So I am proud to say that I am doing my best to support the educational uniform...black pants and shirt.

And no one noticed. Why? What person doesn't have at least 2 pair of black pants?

But God is our great protector. My next door neighbors had a limb from a tree go through their bedroom roof. Nothing like being woke up to cold rain pounding your face.

Do April showers really bring May flowers? If so, May should be beautiful.


post signature

No comments: